Low Carbohydrate Recipes
A low carbohydrate diet regulates your consumption of foods high in carbs such as bread, rice, pasta and other sugary foods. Because of that, people mostly rely on diets high in protein and natural fats such as eggs, meat and vegetables. Eating foods high in protein can help decrease your body weight since it can sustain your appetite for a longer period time, preventing you from eating more.
Studies have proved that low-carb diets allows losing weight much easier and controls you blood sugar level.
And since we’re talking about recipes, you can’t go home without having easy-to-do instructions and procedures on how to make different low -carb foods. The following recipes are well-thought of because the foods we are going to make are what most of you crave for. When you are on a diet, among the foods that you restrict yourself from eating are bread, tortillas, and ice cream. But the good news is that we have put an end to your despair by providing guilty-free recipes that are just right for you.
Where To Start with Tips and More
Low carbohydrate bread recipe
Recipes – Getting Started & Next Steps
2 cups Almond flour
1/4 cup of Psyllium husk powder
1/4 cup of Coconut oil
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1/2 cup of warm water
Sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon
1. Preheat the oven at 177 degrees Celsius and then place a parchment paper on the bottom of a 9×5 loaf pan.
2. Put the almond flour, baking powder, sea salt and psyllium husk powder inside a large bowl and stir.
3. Follow the coconut oil, eggs, and warm water and stir continuously.
4. Take the batter and pour it inside the loaf pan.
5. Press the top of the batter evenly and form a rounded top.
6. Bake or 50 minutes-1 hour and then check if it’s already baked by inserting a toothpick and see if it comes out clean.
7. Do not remove the baked bread from the pan unless it cools completely.
Recipe for low carbohydrate tortillas
psyllium husks ground,1/4 cup
1 cup of almond flour
baking powder,1/4 tsp
coconut flour,2 tbsp
sea salt,1/2 tsp
olive oil,1 tbsp
1/4 cup of hot water
hot water, if needed
1. Form a gel by immediately blending the psyllium and hot water inside a small bowl.
2. Mix the almond flour, sea salt, coconut flour, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
3. Use the dry almond flour mixture to knead the psyllium while adding hot water as needed.
4. Divide the kneaded dough into 6 balls and pressed each ball to make it as thin as possible like round tortillas.
5. Heat oil to about 177 degrees Celsius inside a pancake grill and then grill the tortillas until browned.
Low-carb ice cream recipe
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1.5 tablespoon coco powder
Swerve confectioner, 1/3 cup
1/2 teaspoon extract of Vanilla
2 large egg yolks
1. Boil and simmer the heavy whipping cream and swerve confectioner inside a medium-heat sauce pan.
2. While it simmers, add the coco powder and mix it well with the previous mixture and try to get as many chunks as possible.
3. Combine the vanilla extracts and egg yolks in another bowl.
4. Continuously stir the mixture of coco powder, cream, and sugar until it becomes thick and then cool it for 5 minutes.
5. Whisk the cream mixture and egg yolks together until a you make slight froth.
6. Cool the mixture for 4-6 hours inside the freezer.